Let me introduce you to your new favorite appetizer. Today I am beyond excited to share the simple recipe for these bacon wrapped dates! Chewy dates stuffed with tangy goat cheese and wrapped in crispy bacon… Uh, yeah, they are heavenly. I drizzled them with honey and topped them with some freshly cracked black pepper for a finishing touch. Give them a try at your next dinner party (or your next night in with your sweatpants and Netflix, like us 🙂 #realtalk), they’re sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Get cookin, good lookin!
Bacon Wrapped Goat Cheese Dates
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- Goat cheese (enough to fill 10 dates)
- 5 long strips of bacon
- Honey and black pepper to garnish
- Stuff goat cheese into the pitted centers of each date until completely filled. Next, cut bacon strips in half and wrap each piece around a stuffed date, securing with a toothpick (they should wrap around each date one and a half times, as pictured).
- Place dates on lightly greased foil-lined pan and bake at 375 degrees for 10 min. Remove from oven and flip dates over using toothpick. Bake for another 10 min. Check the bacon and continue baking for another 3-5 min until it reaches desired crispness, flipping again if needed.
- Drizzle with honey and top with freshly cracked black pepper. Enjoy!