I hope you are all enjoying this holiday season! One of my favorite things about this time of year is holiday baking (shocker, I know), and I’ve been dying to make these sugar cookie bars! I love white chocolate and peppermint together, and they are especially amazing in this recipe. These soft and chewy cookie bars are topped with light and fluffy white chocolate buttercream and crushed candy canes. Yeah, you need to make them immediately!! Just be warned; they are super addictive! Enjoy!
White Chocolate Peppermint Sugar Cookie Bars
Thick, chewy cookie bars topped with fluffy white chocolate buttercream and crushed candy canes
- Sugar Cookie Bars:
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 1 c sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt White Chocolate Buttercream:
- 1 c unsalted butter, softened
- 12 oz white chocolate, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp clear vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- Candy canes, crushed (for topping)
- For the cookie bars, cream butter and sugar together until smooth. Mix in vanilla, egg, and sour cream until fully combined. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet, mixing until just combined. Press dough evenly into a greased 9×13 pan, baking at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- For the buttercream frosting, cream the butter on high speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed and add the powdered sugar, mixing until well combined. Slowly stream in white chocolate, scraping down sides and bottom of bowl as needed to ensure the chocolate is fully incorporated with the butter (otherwise it will stick to the sides of the bowl and harden). Mix in vanilla and peppermint extracts, then increase speed and beat frosting until light and fluffy (several minutes).
- Once the cookie bars are completely cooled, frost with white chocolate buttercream and top with crushed candy canes. Slice, serve, and enjoy!