Today I’m comin at ya with another of my favorite flavor combos, cranberry and orange! I love them each on their own, but there’s just something about the tart flavor and subtle sweetness of the two together… It’s a match made in heaven! Plus, who can resist those gorgeous colors?! So I had to use them to whip up a warm and refreshing bowl of goodness to share with you lovely people. This recipe is the perfect winter breakfast (in my opinion) because it’s simple, healthy, and smells like Christmas! I also love the crunch and color of the fresh cranberries on top, and the unsweetened almond milk I used paired so well with it! I honestly can’t say enough about my love for this recipe, so you better just give it a try! Get cookin good lookin 😉
Cranberry Orange Porridge
This winter breakfast is not too sweet, packed with flavor, and will make your kitchen smell amazing!
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 heaping tsp orange zest
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup farina (Cream of Wheat)
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Additional berries and orange zest for topping
- Almond milk for serving (optional)
- In a small/medium saucepan, bring water, juice, and cranberries to a boil, stirring occasionally for 5 min. Stir in the allspice and orange zest and reduce to a simmer for an additional 5 min.
- Mix in the farina and sugar and whisk well for 2-3 min or until porridge is smooth, thickened, and cranberries have broken up/mixed with the farina.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, then serve as desired and enjoy!