I am convinced that there is no better smell than fresh rosemary, though a close second would be citrus. Luckily for me, this recipe incorporates both!
I’m so excited for you to try the warm, lemony goodness that is this pasta dish. It’s fresh, flavorful, and perfect for a nice dinner.
Lemon Rosemary Pasta with Roasted Asparagus
Angel hair pasta in a fresh lemon rosemary sauce
- 8 oz angel hair pasta
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 diced cloves garlic
- 1 cup cream or half and half
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- 2 Tbsp fresh, chopped rosemary
- Zest and juice of 2 small lemons, divided
- One bunch asparagus
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions (4-5 mins). While pasta is cooking, chop asparagus into pieces and toss with a drizzle of olive oil, the juice of one of the lemons, salt and pepper to taste, and parmesan cheese (about 1/4 cup). Roast for 8-10 mins at 425 degrees.
- In a large pot heat the olive oil over medium heat, then add the garlic and 1 Tbsp of the chopped rosemary. Cook until just fragrant, then add the flour until a paste forms. Slowly stream in the cream, whisking until thickened and less lumpy. Stream in reserved pasta water as needed, whisking until the sauce is smooth and thin enough to coat the pasta. Add the additional lemon juice and all of the zest.
- Toss the pasta, roasted asparagus, and remaining fresh rosemary with the sauce. Garnish with parmesan cheese and serve right away!