I’ve got the perfect recipe for your next pizza night! This is quite possibly my favorite pizza of all time, and I think you will agree. Even my husband and friends who all have dislikes from tomatoes to lemons to onions agreed that this pizza was good. Good enough that we polished it off. The moral of the story is that this pizza is a crowd pleaser.
Every element of this pizza really frames the bright flavor of the lemon zest, and baking it with thin lemon slices really drives that flavor home. We removed the lemons before eating, but you could totally leave them if you’re into that. I think the most important thing about this recipe is that you use fresh basil; it makes a huge difference! And who doesn’t love the smell of fresh basil?
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as we did! Get cookin, good lookin.
Lemon Pepper Chicken Pizza with Artichokes and Fresh Basil
Hearty chicken, creamy ricotta, and fresh veggies bring out the bright lemon flavor of this pizza.
- One package/recipe pizza dough
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- Zest of half a lemon
- 4-6 slices of fresh mozzarella cheese
- One shredded, roasted chicken breast, seasoned with lemon pepper
- 1/3 cup cooked artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- One bunch of fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1/3 red onion, thinly sliced
- Lemon juice to taste
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Place flattened pizza dough on a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush dough with olive oil and spread with ricotta cheese. Sprinkle lemon zest on top.
- Layer mozzarella slices, shredded chicken, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, red onion, and basil on the pizza. Top with thinly sliced lemon (optional garnish for extra flavor) and feta crumbles.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and pizza is golden brown.