I love the combination of pears and feta. My mom makes this amazing pear and feta salad with candied nuts (I’ll have to share it with you!) that made me fall in love with these flavors paired together. Lately I’ve been on a balsamic kick, so I decided to add it to the mix along with my favorite beet hummus, baby greens, and roasted chicken. This sandwich feels fancy, and it’s just nice to have a change from the usual ham or turkey, you know?
whole grain sourdough
balsamic vinegar and roasted chicken
mixed baby greens, red onion, and crumbled feta
This sandwich is a great excuse to try out my favorite Roasted Beet Hummus. Plus you can dip your veggies in it for a yummy snack throughout the week!
I hope you all have a nice, relaxing weekend. Now get cookin, good lookin!
Roasted Chicken Sandwiches with Beet Hummus, Pears, and Balsamic
A fresh, hearty sandwich with crumbly feta and balsamic vinegar.
- 4 slices of crusty bread (I used whole grain sourdough)
- Roasted beet hummus
- One herb roasted chicken breast, sliced or shredded
- One bartlett pear, thinly sliced
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Baby greens (I used arugula and spinach)
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spread beet hummus on bread slices, then layer sandwich toppings together as desired. Top with feta and drizzle with balsamic vinegar to finish. Enjoy!