Growing up I loved homemade pizza nights at my house, and I guess some things never change! I think pizza is one of the best dishes to experiment with and add your own twist of flavors and ingredients to. The star flavors of this pizza are sweet pears, crispy prosciutto, caramelized onions, and a sweet and tangy balsamic reduction. It’s so fun and different from the classic pepperoni we’re used to on pizza night. I also think the cheeses I picked up really brought out the flavors nicely; I used a blend of fontina, mild provolone, parmesan, and a little fresh ricotta and mozzarella. I would love to hear your favorite cheese for homemade pizzas! Let me know in the comments.
I’ll be honest, I used a good, store bought dough for this recipe and I have zero regrets. It was one of those weeks where I had so much to do and didn’t have time to make my own. If you decide to pick up a pre-made dough (or make your own batch in advance), this becomes a super quick dish! It only bakes for 15 minutes, so you can eat that melty cheese in no time.
Let me know your favorite pizza ingredients and flavor combinations! And of course I would love to see your own versions of this recipe, so tag me in your photos. Now get cookin good lookin!
Pizza with Pears, Prosciutto, and a Balsamic Reduction
Juicy pears, crispy prosciutto, and melty cheeses make this pizza extra special.
- One package/recipe pizza dough
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbsp fig preserves
- 2 sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
- Sliced prosciutto, torn or cut into smaller pieces
- 1/2 yellow onion, caramelized
- 1 bartlett pear, thinly sliced
- Cheese of choice (I used a blend of mozzarella, parmesan, fontina, and provolone)
- Balsamic reduction (1 cup balsamic vinegar simmered on low heat for about 10 min until thick enough to coat a spoon)
- Place flattened pizza dough on a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush dough with olive oil and spread with ricotta cheese.
- Layer fig preserves, rosemary, caramelized onions, pear slices, and prosciutto on the pizza. Sprinkle cheeses over top.
- Bake pizza in a 450 degree oven for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Drizzle with balsamic reduction, and enjoy!