Today I’ve got another on-the-go freezer breakfast for you! I’m a strong believer in breakfast (I cannot fully function if I don’t eat in the morning), but I know how hard it can be to prioritize eating in the midst of rushing out the door. That’s why these burritos are so great; they are filling, tasty, cheap, and quick. Just grab one from the freezer, pop it in the microwave, and you’re on your way!
I decided to use baked eggs in this recipe, because they are so darn easy! Preheat the oven, crack the eggs in a greased muffin tin (non-stick would definitely be best! I didn’t use mine this time and regretted it), let them do their thing for 17 minutes, and you’ve got the perfect mix between a fried and boiled egg. You could definitely scramble them if you prefer that, but I recommend at least trying this method; it will be my go-to from now on.
I personally love the combination of the roasted corn and pico de gallo with the chorizo (find recipes for the corn and the pico here). It really balances out the spice.
I added a little salsa and sour cream to tone down the spice of the chorizo (Brad is not a fan of spicy food!), and I think avocado would also be super good with it.
I would love to hear about your meal prep adventures! Tag me on Instagram or comment below and let me know how the recipe turned out.
Get cookin good lookin!
Freezer Breakfast Burritos
- 6 tortillas
- 9 oz chorizo (or sausage of choice)
- 6 eggs, baked
- Sautéed bell pepper and corn (or veggies of choice)
- Pico de gallo (or salsa of choice)
- Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- Start by preheating oven to 350 degrees. While oven heats up spray a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray, then crack eggs into muffin holes. Top with salt and pepper and bake for 17 minutes for a medium-hard boiled egg consistency.
- Cook chorizo or sausage of choice over medium heat until completely cooked through, then drain off excess fat.
- Prepare burritos by distributing sausage, sautéed veggies, pico de gallo, cheese, and an egg (cut in half) between the 6 tortillas. Fold and roll the burritos so all the fillings are secured inside, then individually wrap in tinfoil, place in freezer baggie or airtight container for freshness, and freeze.
- To reheat burritos, remove tinfoil and microwave for about 2 minutes, rotating halfway through. Serve with sour cream, salsa, or avocado if desired.