These fries are exactly what your dinner needs tonight. They are crispy, delicious, and easy–they just need to be sliced, tossed, and baked!
I like fries, but I loooooooooveeee sweet potato fries. They are BOMB. So why not make and devour them at home?
This sauce is also rockin. I am totally a Utahan and think fry sauce makes everything better. For those of you who haven’t had the pleasure of experiencing fry sauce, it’s basically mayo and ketchup… Which sounds kind of iffy, but it’s actually great.
I added a little spice and BBQ to the mix to take this fry sauce to the next level, and I love the way it turned out. That sauce plus these fries make a great addition to my favorite BBQ Bacon Burgers!
So get cookin, good lookin!
Sweet Potato Fries with Smokey Fry Sauce
Crispy spiced sweet potato fries made right in your oven!
- 2 large or 3 medium sweet potatoes, washed, peeled, and cut into fries
- 2-3 Tbsp light olive oil
- 1 tsp each paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper Smokey Fry Sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 2 Tbsp BBQ sauce
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Dash of cayenne for spice (optional)
- Soak cut sweet potatoes in a bowl of water for 1 hour, then drain and pat dry. In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with seasoning mix and a drizzle of olive oil until coated. Scatter evenly on a well oiled pan, avoiding overlapping the fries.
- Bake fries at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, then flip them. Bake for an additional 20 minutes or until fries are crisp and evenly baked.
- Mix together sauce ingredients, and serve with warm fries.