If you’re anything like me (a six months pregnant carnivorous beast), you love a good burger; especially when it’s topped with crispy bacon and creamy avocado. These BBQ Bacon Burgers have seriously taken me to a Ron Swanson level of meat loving.
I am with you, Ron.
So let’s talk about these burgers. Juicy burgers, melty cheese, and all the best toppings smashed between two toasty buns. Does is get better than that?!
And can we just talk about how avocado makes everything better?
Because it definitely does.
If you’ve been looking for a good excuse to make some bacon, now you’ve got it! And they go great with these sweet potato fries.
Get cookin, good lookin!
BBQ Bacon Burgers with Avocado
Hearty, juicy burgers flavored with tangy BBQ sauce and crispy bacon.
- 1 lb good ground beef + 1/4 cup BBQ sauce + seasonings (salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, paprika)
- Hamburger buns, toasted under the broiler
- Cheddar cheese, sliced
- Tomato, sliced
- Avocado, sliced
- Red onion, sliced
- Bacon, cooked until crisp
- Combine ground beef with BBQ sauce and seasonings, then form into four equal sized patties. To create juicy, evenly cooked burgers without a grill: Heat a lightly greased frying pan over medium heat. Cook each burger for three minutes without pressing/moving, then flip only once. After flipping, place slice of cheese on browned side of burger and cover with a lid for another 3 minutes to melt cheese cook through.
- Cook bacon on a foil-lined pan at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, cooling strips of bacon on a plate lined with paper towels. Next, toast buns under the broiler (keep an eye on them, they don’t take long).
- Assemble burgers with desired toppings, and enjoy!